Covid Vaccination Programme
The Covid - 19 Vaccination Programme in City and Hackney is being centrally co-ordinated by the City and Hackney Confederation.
There are 2 vaccination centres - one at Bocking Street and one at The John Scott Health Centre on Green Lanes. Directions to both are shown below
Appointments are regularly released when both clinicians and vaccine is available
Who we are inviting
We have invited all groups up to and including group 11 - please contact us if you believe you have been missed.
We are all following the vaccination plan as laid out by Public Health England - more information on the groups can be found on the gov.uk website here.
Some basic information is available for you to read on the NHS website - which you can view online here.
Please be assured we will contact you when appointments are available and you are next on the list of priority patients. If you do not have an up-to-date mobile number on your record please contact us to update this using our online form as we will use this to contact you in the first instance.
Please try to e-mail us with covid vaccination queries rather than call reception as the phone lines are currently very busy and this could prevent other patients from getting through. However, if after reading this information you feel you have been missed then please do give us a call or send us an e-mail.
How you will be invited for your vaccination
You may receive more than one invitation for your vaccination. This is because you may be directly invited by the NHS in addition to receiving an invitation from the surgery.
Invitations from the surgery will first come by text, and may take the form of a letter or phone call thereafter. They will contain a web link to book your appointment. The website will begin with the prefix 'accurx.thirdparty.nhs.uk' and will ask for your date of birth only.
Invitations sent directly by the NHS may come as a text or a letter - see this nhs.uk page for more details about the form that these might take.
If you are unsure of where your invitation has come from, it is important that you verify the invitation before providing any personal information.
Second vaccination invitations
As we are now over 12 weeks from the start of the vaccination programme, second vaccination invitations are now being sent.
If your first vaccination took place at either the John Scott Vaccination Centre or the Bocking Street Vaccination Centre, you will be invited for your second vaccination in the same way as you were for your first. This will likely take the form of another text message invitation to book your appointment, or a telephone call or letter if you did not receive a text for your first invitation.
These invitations are being sent on our behalf by the vaccination centres, but may come under our name. The second wave of invitations are being centrally coordinated in this manner as the vaccination centres have an overview of who is eligible or due for their second vaccination as well as knowledge of vaccine availability. The invitations are typically sent as close to the 8th week (for those in groups 1 - 9) or the12th week (groups 10 and 11) as possible; however, they may be sent slightly earlier on occasion.
If you have any queries regarding your second vaccination appointment, please contact us via e-mail if possible to ensure that our phone lines stay free for health queries. If you have not received any communication regarding your second vaccination by week 7 (groups 1 - 9) or week 11 (groups 10 and 11), please let us know and we will follow-up.
If you have concerns about the vaccine there is plenty of information to reassure you available here
We know how frustrating the wait can be but please understand we are doing the very best we can for all our patients at this difficult time, and we thank you for your patience
Health and Social Care Workers
Please advise your employer to contact City & Hackney CCG to arrange your vaccinations.
You may have recently received a letter regarding shielding. For more information please follow this link
Good News Statistics (as at 01.06.21)
- Group 2: 90% of our patients aged 80 or over have been vaccinated
- Group 3: 95% of our patients aged 75 - 79 have been vaccinated
- Group 4: 86% of our patients aged 70 - 74 and clinically extremely vulnerable have been vaccinated
- Group 5: 88% of our patients aged 65 - 69 have been vaccinated
- Group 6: 78% of our patients aged 18 - 65 in an at-risk group have been vaccinated
- Group 7: 87% of our patients aged 60 - 64 have been vaccinated
- Group 8: 83% of our patients aged 55 - 59 have been vaccinated
- Group 9: 82% of our patients aged 50 - 54 have been vaccinated
- Group 10: 66% of our patients aged 40 - 49 have been vaccinated
- Group 11: 30% of our patients aged 30 - 39 have been vaccinated
- Over 4000 of our patients have so far been vaccinated. Thank you to all for responding and attending!
How to find the Bocking Street Vaccination Centre
The Vaccination Centre, Bocking Street, Hackney E8 3RU is at the Mare Street end of Bocking Street, 50 metres on your left as you walk down from Mare Street.
Please note there is no protected parking and Bocking Street is a one-way road with entry from Sheep Lane.
Bocking Street is roughly opposite St Joseph’s Hospice/ Salvation Army on Mare Street Behind the relatively new Mare Street Market.
Getting to the Bocking Street Vaccination Centre by public transport
Closest Overground Stations:
- Cambridge Heath Station – 0.5 miles (8 minute walk)
- London Fields Station – 0.4 miles (7 minute walk)
Closest Underground Stations:
- Bethnal Green Station – 0.7 miles (15 minute walk)
There are a few buses that go close to Bocking St. Vaccination centre as below:
- 26, 55, 106, 254, D6, (Stop LE) Going South on Mare St –2 mins walk
- 26, 55,106, 236, 254, 388 (Stop LP) Going North on Mare St – 3 mins walk
- 26, 277, (Stop LX) on Well St – 6 mins walk
How to find the John Scott Vaccination Centre
The John Scott Vaccination Centre is at 220 Green Lanes, N4 2NU.
There are limited parking and drop off facilities.
Getting to the John Scott Vaccination Centre by public transport
Closest Underground Stations:
- Manor House - 0.2 miles (5 minute walk)
- Finsbury Park - 0.7 miles (15 min walk)
Buses that are close:
- 141, 341 (Stop N) Gloucester Drive - 2 min walk
- 29 (Stop A) Manor House Station / Woodberry Grove - 6 min walk
- 106 (Stop PC) Brownswood Road Green Lanes - 8 min walk
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.