Patients in this practice will be invited to join a research study run by University College London (UCL) and University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH).
Who will be invited?
- People from this practice aged 50 to 77
What is involved?
- A letter will be sent to you by your GP, with a phone number to call.
- Depending on your responses to some questions over the phone, you may be invited to attend a Lung Health Check (where your lung health will be assessed) or you may be invited to attend a study appointment in your local area.
- You may be offered a scan of your lungs (called a CT scan) and be asked to give a blood sample as part of the study, or you may be asked to give a blood sample and fill out a questionnaire.
- The study is entirely voluntary and you do not have to participate if you do not wish to do so.
Staff at UCL and UCLH are organising the appointments for the research study
- For this to happen, this GP practice will securely share the names and addresses of potentially eligible individuals with the study team.
- The study team will invite people and coordinate study appointments. They will keep the details of everyone they invite for a period of up to 10 years, in order to collect important health-related information and help develop health services for the future.
- Strict security measures will ensure your information is kept safe and confidential.
OPT OUT: Please let reception staff know if you DO NOT want the study team to have your information. Opting out WILL NOT affect any of your future care. You will continue to be invited for other NHS appointments and activities.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.