Medical Receptionist (Maternity Cover)
(36 hours per week: Monday-Friday with a mix of Morning or afternoon shifts)
We are looking for a flexible, motivated, reliable, conscientious and committed individual who can make a valuable contribution to our team. We are seeking an experienced Receptionist to work with us to deliver a strong and supportive service, and to perform a variety of reception and administrative duties. The post holder should be computer literate (Microsoft office essential and preferably EMIS trained) and have at least one year Primary Care Medical Receptionist experience. The post holder must have excellent communication skills, be organised, work well under pressure, enjoy working flexibly within a multi-disciplinary team setting and should be able to multi task and show initiative.
JOB TITLE: Medical Receptionist (Maternity Cover)
DAY TO DAY ACCOUNTABILITY: Lead Receptionist and Practice Manager
OVERALL ACCOUNTABILITY: General Practitioners
JOB SUMMARY: To work closely with the reception team in the smooth running of the reception area. To communicate effectively with patients, staff, external agencies and visitors. To undertake a broad range of front of house, and administrative duties.
The post requires someone with initiative and enthusiasm with excellent communication skills and empathy with patients and colleagues. Well organised, reliable with a flexible approach to team work. They will need to pay particular attention to the needs of a multi-cultural population.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To liaise with team members in providing a reception service
- To answer enquiries from patients efficiently and courteously
- Disseminate information and material about the practice - e.g. leaflets and website information, services offered, complaints system etc.
- Receive incoming telephone calls, answer general enquiries and transfer or document calls and messages as appropriate.
- Book appointments and telephone consultations for patients.
- Receive and record requests for home visits
- Organise requests for ambulances, outpatient visits, social services and urgent test results as required by clinical staff.
- Document all petty cash transactions in reception.
- To receive visitors and deliveries made to the surgery.
- To be aware of other local resources and community organisations, and provide information to patients.
- To provide cover for colleagues on leave. This will include cover for late/early shifts.
- Pull patients records when necessary.
- Receive and record requests for repeat prescriptions in line with the set protocol
- Distribute mail as appropriate and open all incoming general mail and mail for clinicians (unless marked personal or instructed otherwise). Sort out all patient correspondence in line with protocols.
- To scan all patient correspondence onto the computer, process correspondence for actioning.
- To archive old patient correspondence.
- To process emails received from patients via the surgery website.
- Record all requests for medical reports.
- Register new patients according to the practice area onto EMIS computer system.
- Amend patient’s records to show change of name, address etc. onto the computer system, checking if these changes apply to others in the household.
- To send out appointment letters, or contact patients by telephone to change or book appointments.
- To be responsible for allocated personal tasks towards target achievement.
- To cover the personal tasks of other reception staff during periods of leave.
- To collect and provide audit data.
- To be aware of, and to operate within, practice protocols and guidelines - e.g. confidentiality, health & safety.
PREMISES & EQUIPMENT
- Ensure that the reception area is adequately stocked with stationery, stamps, specimen bottles, forms etc. ordering more as necessary.
- Ensure that reception is left tidy and ready for use for the next shift with all records and signed prescriptions filed.
- Tidy waiting area, turn off heating, lights and any other equipment e.g. computers, photocopier and set telephones to night service. Check security of whole building, including locking doors and windows before setting the alarm and leaving.
- Attend regular practice and reception meetings to discuss the running of the surgery and services provided as well as any other meetings as required.
- To attend appropriate training as arranged.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required by the practice.
- To follow all protocols and procedures e.g. Information Governance, confidentiality, equa
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 16/04/2021
Expected start date: 10/05/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to:
Dylan Reynolds. Practice Manager, Statham Grove Surgery, Statham Grove, London N16 9DP
Salaried GP (Fixed Term Contract)
Due to a forthcoming GP Sabbatical, we are looking for an enthusiastic SALARIED GP, to join our friendly practice for a fixed term contract of one year. This will start in May 2021 and is for five sessions per week (Monday Tuesday and Wednesday).
Who we are:
- 8700 patients
- Part of the Woodberry Wetlands PCN
- 5 Partners, 3 Salaried GPs, 4 Practice Nurses and 1 HCA
- Full complement of Admin and reception staff
- Growing team of Associated Health staff
- Excellent Contract Target achievement
- Teaching and Training practice with two GP Registrars currently
- Friendly and supportive team
If you would be interested in joining us for a year and would like an informal chat or would like more information, please contact Dylan Reynolds on 02072544327
We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications to be received by 07/04/2021
Interviews expected week commencing 18/04/2021